Happy 1st March! The sun has been shining all day today and it feels like Spring might be on its way shortly, so I thought I’d sit down and write about what I’ll be reading for Middle Grade March this year.
In case you didn’t know, Middle Grade March is a readathon run by Krista at Books and Jams and Katie at Life Between Words, and it encourages you to read middle grade or childrens’ books during the month of March. Check out their TBR and recommendations videos here:
There are challenges which you can participate in, but I’ve decided to just dive in to whatever middle grade is on my bookshelves, or that I have out from the library. Here’s a list of what I have, and that I’m planning on choosing from this month:
- Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend
- Fierce, Fearless and Free by Lari Don
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The War I Finally Won by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
- Gangsta Granny by David Walliams
- The Girl Who Speaks Bear by Sophie Anderson
- The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer
- Heidi by Johanna Spyri
- James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
- Pages & Co: Tilly and the Lost Fairytales by Anna James
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Goodnight Mr Tom by Michelle Magorian
Let me know if you’re planning on participating and what you’ll be reading in the comments below. And if you’ve got any recommendations for me, hit me up in the comments.